First Come First Serve
Fort Works Art is excited to host the second annual First Come First Serve Exhibition in which the gallery will be opening up its walls to each and every artist that comes to its doors -- on a First Come, First Serve basis. With a mission to give artists an esteemed platform for showing their work, Owner Lauren Childs is excited to fill the gallery with over 200 works of local, regional, and national artists that want to showcase on the high-profile white walls of Fort Works Art. Experience the innovative exhibition of all mediums at the Opening Reception on October 25, 2019 from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm where guests can enjoy a limited number of ice cream scoops from Fort Worth’s favorite MELT Ice Creams. Exhibition brought by and in support of the non-profit Gallery of Dreams. Please visit www.galleryofdreams.org.
The exhibition includes eligibility for 2D and Limited 3D artwork. Video and installation work will not be accepted. The exhibition will be open October 23rd through November 30th with an opening reception on the evening of October 25th. Due date for entries is October 1, or until the gallery reaches maximum capacity for submissions, whichever comes first. Contemporary 2D and 3D works that follow the requirements detailed in the prospectus are accepted.
For more information, contact the gallery, firstname.lastname@example.org
PROSPECTUS – FIRST COME FIRST SERVE EXHIBITION
October 23 – November 30
September 2, 2019, 10 a.m. CST
October 1, 2019 or until the gallery reaches capacity for works.
Due Date / Deadline for online submissions – October 1, or full capacity.
Notification of Acceptance – October 2 (By email and on the Café site)
Shipping/Receiving – October 3 – October 18 (Shipping information will be shared with accepted artists with notification of acceptance email)
Hand Delivery Drop Off - October 15 – October 19 (During Fort Works Art open hours, Tues - Fri 11-5pm and Sat 10-6pm)
Exhibition on Display– October 23 - November 30, 2019
Opening Reception – October 25, 2019 6:00 to 9:00pm. $10 admission, benefiting the non-profit Gallery of Dreams
Shipped Return – December 3 – December 14
Hand Delivery Pickup – December 3 – December 14
Eligibility & Mediums
- Open to artists residing in the continental USA.
- Contemporary original work in any media including painting, prints, and drawings.
- All work must be original (no reproductions), produced within the last two years and not previously shown at Fort Works Art. Price of work should include 50% commission to gallery.
- All works must be available for sale and have a price above $250
- The digital image of the piece submitted must be the piece delivered to Fort Works Art if selected. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All works submitted may not exceed 36” x 36” in size, including framed. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Sculpture or ceramic work must fit on a pedestal. Admissions will be limited due to space restrictions. We will accept these works until we are at capacity.
Fort Works Art will not be judging or jurying any of the artworks submitted, however, gallery reserves the right to refuse a work at their discretion if necessary.
Please see CaFe for digital file requirements
$35 to submit to the exhibition, with proceeds going to the non-profit Gallery of Dreams
- Price of work should include 50% commission to gallery.
- All pieces will be for sale at Fort Works Art. The gallery will retain 50% commission on any work sold.
Insurance & Liability
- Work will be insured at Fort Works Art but not in transit.
- The gallery will not assume responsibility for work improperly framed or poorly packaged for shipping.
- Images of accepted work may be used for promotional purposes and featured in an exhibition catalogue.
Shipping/ Installation Requirements
- Artists are responsible for shipping work to and from gallery.
- Artwork must be received by October 18.
- Your work of art should be ready to install, and should have hardware installed that will allow for immediate installation by the gallery with no adjustments to the pieces necessary. NO EXCEPTIONS — ARTWORK MUST HAVE HARDWARE INSTALLED FOR IMMEDIATE INSTALLATION.
- All shipped work MUST include a return shipping label. NO EXCEPTIONS. Any works shipped without a return label included, will not be returned.
- E-mail Fort Works Art — email@example.com